The (SCOPUS / ISI) GLOCAL Conference on Mediterranean and European Linguistic Anthropology 2021
Organized by: National and Kapodistrian University of Athens and GLOCAL Unit, SOAS University of London
About This Event
- GENERAL: The GLOCAL COMELA 2021 (SCOPUS / ISI indexed) is the (annual) conference/workshops and lectures on the Linguistic Anthropology, Sociolinguistics, and Language and Society, of Europe and The Mediterranean.
- CENTRAL COLLABORATORS: National and Kapodistrian University of Greece, University of Patras, Democritus University of Thrace, University of Patras, University of the Aegean, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, University of Crete, SOAS (University of London).
- GLOBAL COLLABORATORS: University College London, University of Bologna, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Temple University, University College Dublin, University of Groningen, University of Bucharest, Polytechnic University of Valencia, Stockholm University, the University of Hawai’i at Manoa - and over 200 other global universities
- SESSIONS: General Papers - Colloquia (including 10 national Greek Universities presenting panels) - Posters - Workshops/lectures on research and publishing methodology, and on ethnography, by globally prominent academics (including ELAR SOAS) and publishing companies - Special Panels – Anthropological Association of Greece, Ethnographic Society of Greece, and others - Keynotes: Jan Blommaert (Tilburg University), Alexandra Georgakopoulou (Kings College London), Dimitris Dalakoglou (Vrije University)
- DISPLAYS: Publishing companies - Universities - Endangered Alphabets Atlas - Local and International Ethnographical Association
- PERFORMANCES: Demonstration by the Anthropological Whistle community from Evia, Greece. - Cultural performance by the globally renowned Likeion Ellinithon Dance troupe.
- ANTHROPOLOGICAL EXCURSIONS: Meteora Monastery, Greece - Diminitsa Anthropological Village, Greece
- PUBLICATIONS: All proceedings will be SCOPUS / ISI indexed, and as such, all papers published in the proceedings will achieve this index. Journal special issues will also be published as SCOPUS / ISI.
- ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS: The GLOCAL COMELA 2021 abstract submission deadline is 2021-03-10 (notification within 2 weeks). Submit at the following link, with all information. https://comela2021.uoa.gr/submit
- THEME: Bounded Languages ... Unbounded: The GLOCAL COMELA 2021 invites work on the shifting boundedness of Language Communities of The Mediterranean and Europe. Submissions should acknowledge and describe processes of language shape, change, and ideology, pertinent to social, cultural, and political histories and futures, of the Mediterranean and European regions.
- SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE: - see: https://comela2021.uoa.gr/sc-committee/
- PUBLICATIONS: Conference proceedings (SCOPUS / ISI indexed) - Conference Proceedings and Several special Top Tier journal issues and monographs are planned with well-ranked publications and publishers only, from papers submitted to The GLOCAL COMELA 2021 that meet review requirements.
- COVID-19: Strict sanitary regulations throughout the conference will be maintained,
- CONTACT: Ms. Anastasia Tsantes, SOAS, University of London firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com
- Main website: https://comela2021.uoa.gr
- Submission link: https://comela2021.uoa.gr/submit
- Academia: https://soas.academia.edu/GLOCALSOAS
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/soas-glocal-unit
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/GLOCALSOAS
Wed, 21 Jul 2021
Sat, 24 Jul 2021
Wed, 10 Mar 2021